My Time [E22E]
Updated: Aug 16, 2021
Book & Unit: Engage 2, Unit 2
Objectives: Leisure times , Chores at home , talking about new friends and likes and dislikes , writing a personal profile.
1. What are the leisure times activities in English? Write 15 vocabulary items about leisure activities.
2. Choose the right words to write in brackets:
If you want to buy something, you can go … S H O P P I N G
You can play online games on a …
If you want to read something, find a …
Some games use a dice, counters and a …
In a pool or the sea, you can go …
Wear a helmet when riding a …
On an MP3 player you can listen to …
Chores at home
What activities chores do you do at home ? Write 10 activities .
Which chores are the worst? Which chores do you prefer?
Talking about new friends:
1. Play the video 3 times and repeat; make sure to copy the pronunciation as closely as you can! Mute the sound and practice speaking by dubbing characters in videos with correct intonation and pronunciation. Make a video of your speaking.
Talking about likes and dislikes
Read and listen to the dialogue.
Amy: Do you like Lady Gaga? You: Yes, I do. I really like her. Amy: What do you think of Maths ? You: I quite like it, but I prefer Science. Amy: Do you like the actor, Brad Pitt? You: No, I don't. I don't like him at all. Amy: What do you think of Linking Park? You: I like them. They're my favorite band. Amy: Do you like singing? You: Yes, I do. But I'm not a good singer!
Write new dialogues and practice the dialogues.
Make a chart with information about you.
1. Write a short paragraph about your chores at home. Use flexibly the vocabularies and some frequency adverbs (always, sometimes, usually …) and using " have to".
2. Write your profile. Use the profile sample below and your chart information to help you.